Author Topic: NEW FEATURE: Ignore User  (Read 1986 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
NEW FEATURE: Ignore User
« Topic Start: April 21, 2007, 06:58:44 PM »
Just installed an ignore user mod, should allow you guys who don't get along to just ignore each other if you so choose.  I don't personally like the idea but I much prefer it to listening to any more silly bickering and call-outs :roll:

Offline The Chief

Re: NEW FEATURE: Ignore User
« Reply #1: April 21, 2007, 07:13:42 PM »
To edit your ignore users list, go to profile, modify profile, ignore user options.  There you can add/remove whomever you'd like to ignore/stop ignoring, either manually or by using the lookup tool.  You can also see who is ignoring you.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #2: April 21, 2007, 10:19:59 PM »
Thanks, but since the people here are all just fine, I don't see myself using it.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #3: April 22, 2007, 12:04:43 AM »
Someone is bound to hatch a first amendment wah, but yeah, some people probably need to be protected from their antagonists.  Personally, I appreciate and learn from the back & forth, but maybe not in everyones' comfort zone, which is fine...

Offline The Chief

« Reply #4: April 22, 2007, 12:06:31 AM »
Well it's an optional feature, I'm not making anybody use it... I just installed it because some people here seem to get on each other's nerves and I thought they might like the ability to tune each other out.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #5: April 23, 2007, 08:17:40 AM »
I'll bet this is the most unused feature on this forum. Maybe becuase it's moderated and one could technically get removed, folks here are very well behaved. Even the little bit of sniping I've seen has been pretty good natured.

Of course, I'll have to go see who, if anyone is ignoring me...  :(

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #6: April 23, 2007, 09:02:49 AM »
I am pleased to report that after a weekend of fishing in N.C., I am not being ignored by anyone, other than my wife.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #7: April 23, 2007, 10:19:50 AM »
I"ve never wanted to use a feature like that here. Now on the mlb site?  THAT'S a different story!

Offline The Chief

« Reply #8: April 23, 2007, 10:53:19 AM »
I am pleased to report that after a weekend of fishing in N.C., I am not being ignored by anyone, other than my wife.

Tom you had me in stitches with that line! :lol:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #9: April 23, 2007, 11:26:19 AM »

That's funny.

But isn't that a good thing?

Edit: I just thought about it and..... nevermind.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #10: April 23, 2007, 01:39:12 PM »

That's funny.

But isn't that a good thing?

Edit: I just thought about it and..... nevermind.

You are so bad!!!   :nono:   ;)

Yes, we wives have our plus-sides, too.  But I must admit, sometimes I'm glad when dan's ignoring me.  I can go do my own thing then, however I want to!  Other times, it really ticks me off!  Do I ignore him?  Well, if I'm REALLY mad, then - sigh- yes I do.  :(  (but he usually deserves it.  :)  )

Offline Dliodoir

« Reply #11: April 23, 2007, 03:12:16 PM »
Can I ignore myself?  ;~)

Go Nats!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #12: April 23, 2007, 04:06:40 PM »
This begs the question...

Can I ignore everyone, so - as far as I'm concerned - it's just sort of like my personal blog?

Hey, you gotta look out for numero uno.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #13: April 23, 2007, 04:49:08 PM »
The Moderators CANNOT be put on Ignore.
It's all part of their Master Plan to Take Over the World.
(Cats will become Food.)

Offline The Chief

« Reply #14: April 23, 2007, 05:55:05 PM »
The Moderators CANNOT be put on Ignore.
It's all part of their Master Plan to Take Over the World.
(Cats will become Food.)

Apparently administrators can't ignore anyone, because the ignore buttons don't show up for me at all even though they do for everyone else.  I wouldn't ignore anyone anyway, but it was driving me crazy that I couldn't see the ignore buttons when everyone else said they could until I figured it out.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #15: April 23, 2007, 09:07:39 PM »
Apparently administrators can't ignore anyone, because the ignore buttons don't show up for me at all even though they do for everyone else.  I wouldn't ignore anyone anyway, but it was driving me crazy that I couldn't see the ignore buttons when everyone else said they could until I figured it out.

It does make sense, since a mod's job is to watch out for those kind of posters.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #16: April 23, 2007, 11:17:36 PM »
It does make sense, since a mod's job is to watch out for those kind of posters.

This thread has life.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #17: April 24, 2007, 08:36:53 AM »
We've had this feature on the Capitals' official boards for quite some time (including the boards we had before the current ones went up in May 2004). I never used to use it - I'll listen to anyone's opinion once - but after a run of baiting by Pittsburgh Penguin trolls this past season, the names of twenty such individuals now grace my ignore list. (I have not yet used this feature on these boards, nor am I planning on it.)