Author Topic: What would be your lineup for the next game?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline sportsfan882

If I were Manny, I would start this lineup tomorrow:
Guzman SS
Belliard 2B
Batista 3B
Kearns RF
Fick 1B
Langerhans LF
Logan CF
Schneider C
Speigner P

Lopez, Zimmerman, and Church need to be benched for a game for their pathetic play as of late.

Normally I would go with this lineup:
Guzman SS
Logan CF
Zimmerman 3B
Church LF
Kearns RF
Schneider C
Fick 1B
Lopez 2B
Pitcher

Offline nats2playoffs

What would be your lineup now?
« Reply #1: May 15, 2007, 10:00:16 PM »
If I were Manny, I would start this lineup tomorrow...(Image removed from quote.)

Guzman SS
Langerhans LF
Logan CF
Flores C
Belliard 2B
Batista 3B
Kearns RF
Fick 1B
Speigner P

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #2: May 15, 2007, 10:12:03 PM »
SS Guzman
2B Lopez
3B Zimmerman
RF Kearns
LF Langerhans
1B Young
SC Schneider
CF Logan
SP Speigner

Also, I would like to see Batista at first base.  Of course, that would take some practice at the new position, but that could be a potential long-term stopgap until Nick comes back.

joker

« Reply #3: May 15, 2007, 10:18:25 PM »
i dont know about langerhans at six he doesnt have much power

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Re: What would be your lineup now?
« Reply #4: May 15, 2007, 10:36:29 PM »
Logan
Guzman
Kearns
Church
Zimmerman
Lopez
Langerhans
Schneider
Speigner

Offline kimnat

Re: What would be your lineup now?
« Reply #5: May 15, 2007, 10:38:12 PM »
Which one hits worse?  Fick or Langerhans?  I know they don't play the same position on the field, but neither hit worth a dern.  Is Young still injured? 

Offline sportsfan882

Logan
Guzman
Kearns
Church
Zimmerman
Lopez
Langerhans
Schneider
Speigner

Who would play 1B?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Who would play 1B?
Yeah...I see what you mean.  Crap...

Ummm....I'd bring up Whitesell from AA Harrisburg and put him in Langerhans hole.  Then sit Langerhans as a reserve utility guy.  Oh...and DFA Fick.   :icon_mrgreen:

CF   Logan
SS   Guzman
RF   Kearns
LF   Church
3B   Zimmerman
2B   Lopez
1B   Whitesell
C    Schneider
P    Speigner

:pimp:

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
Who would play 1B?

I figured this lineup assumed Langerhans at 1B.

Offline sportsfan882

Yeah...I see what you mean.  Crap...

Ummm....I'd bring up Whitesell from AA Harrisburg and put him in Langerhans hole.  Then sit Langerhans as a reserve utility guy.  Oh...and DFA Fick.   :icon_mrgreen:

CF   Logan
SS   Guzman
RF   Kearns
LF   Church
3B   Zimmerman
2B   Lopez
1B   Whitesell
C    Schneider
P    Speigner

:pimp:
Yeah I'd like to see Whitesell get a chance since NJ is hurt, Dmitri + Fick suck, and Broadway has fallen off the face of the earth. 

Offline Dave B

i dont know if i want to give guzman the pressure of hitting leadoff. he might be benefitting from having zimm behind him.  i'd like guzman to build some confidence for a bit. he did lead off in minnesota though. maybe lopez needs a day off to regroup.  then let logan leadoff on a day against a lefty when lopez sits. 

i think belliard for lopez is the only net gain we could achieve via substitution at this stage

Offline Dave B

the problem with bringing whitesell up is that we gotta get rid of someone (I guess batista, not a problem), unless williams goes to DL.  but if whitesell excels, then we could have a hairy situation later when people get healthy

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
I figured this lineup assumed Langerhans at 1B.
Langerhans still needs to prove that he's shaken off the cooties...the guy's only been hitting well for about 3 days.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
the problem with bringing whitesell up is that we gotta get rid of someone (I guess batista, not a problem), unless williams goes to DL.  but if whitesell excels, then we could have a hairy situation later when people get healthy
Whitesell obviously needs some time in AAA before coming to the show...just to get his bearings.  But I am just thinking of the best lineup I could field if I was manager for a day and going to choose just one game. 

And on the issue of dropping a player... I know he's a nice guy and all...but seriously, I'm starting to get tired of Robert Fick.  He's the poster-boy for unexcitement...he's got a decent glove it's true, but he's just a warm body holding a bat who occassionally can get a hit here or there, but usually not when you need it the most.

Offline hammondsnats

Darnell McDonald CF
Felipe Lopez 2B
Ryan Church LF
Dmitri Young 1B
Ryan Zimmerman 3B
Austin Kearns RF
Cristian Guzman SS
Brian Schneider C
Pitcher

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
My Version

Christian Guzman SS
Felipe Lopez 2B
Ryan Zimmerman 3B
Austin Kearns RF
Ryan Church LF
Ronnie Belliard 1B
Jesus Flores C
Nook Logan CF
Pitcher

this lineup =  :ballbat:

MORE NOOK, RONNIE, JESUS less RYAN L, ROBERT, BRIAN!

Offline nats2playoffs

My lineup was for tomorrow only, which was the Game Thread Quiz Question.  Langerhans is hitting .313 since he joined the Nationals and is a human vacuum cleaner in the outfield.  This team has no offense, so you do NOT leave your hot hitters on the bench, to get cold.  Unless you want to lose.  Some of the regulars may profit from watching someone else play a game.

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
here is my line up

Belliard 1b
lopez 2nd
guzman ss
church lf
zimerman 3rd
schinder c
kearns rf
nook cf
pitcher

Offline sportsfan882

Here is today's lineup:
Guzman SS
Belliard 2B
Zimmerman 3B
Church LF
Kearns RF
Schneider C
Fick 1B
Langerhans CF
Speigner P

Guzman batting lead-off  :pimp:

Offline Air Zimmerman

Fick remains the starter @ 1B, i can't figure that one out for the life of me. Completely  :doh:

I'm content with this lineup though, however i wish Nook was starting @ CF.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
Fick remains the starter @ 1B, i can't figure that one out for the life of me. Completely  :doh:

I'm content with this lineup though, however i wish Nook was starting @ CF.

Dmitri Young is pretty much ready to come back from his achilles problem, so he should be back at 1B probably on Friday

Offline sportsfan882

Dmitri Young is pretty much ready to come back from his achilles problem, so he should be back at 1B probably on Friday
Damn.. I was hoping he would not make any more starts.  Seriously, I'd rather have Fick starting than Young.  At least Fick plays solid defense.  Both of them are equally horrible with the bat.  Belliard started at 1B on Friday.  Why not let him get some starts at 1B?  He definitely hits better than both of those guys. 

Offline Air Zimmerman

Damn.. I was hoping he would not make any more starts.  Seriously, I'd rather have Fick starting than Young.  At least Fick plays solid defense.  Both of them are equally horrible with the bat.  Belliard started at 1B on Friday.  Why not let him get some starts at 1B?  He definitely hits better than both of those guys. 

I'd take Young over Rob but I'd take Belly over both of them in a heartbeat.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
You're crazy...I would definately take Young over Fick....Robert Fick couldn't hit a long ball if it would save his life.  At least Dmitri's got pop, Fick's got - nothing but grounders and weak fly balls.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
I'd take Young over Rob but I'd take Belly over both of them in a heartbeat.

It's frustrating how 1B is by far our weakest position IMO.  Still, I would definitely start Belly.